Senate Nominating Committee
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Nominating Committee is a requirement of the Faculty Senate Rules. Its task is to make appointments to the most senior positions of the Faculty Senate. It complements the work of the Senate Committee on Committees.
The Senate Nominating Committee convenes during the spring semester only. Membership is comprised of eight (8) members of the Standing Faculty (including C-E) who are not current SEC members. Those eight members are identified annually by SEC members during the preceding fall semester.
A ninth member of the Nominating Committee is also selected from within SEC. By SEC resolution of May 2015, the current Senate Past Chair is customarily appointed to this position.
The Spring 2021 Senate Nominating Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Graciela Gonzalez Hernandez, Associate Professor of Informatics
- Roberta Rehner Iversen, Associate Professor of Social Policy and Practice
- Steven Kimbrough, Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
- Marc Meredith, Associate Professor of Political Science
- Florence Momplaisir, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Amy Offner, Associate Professor of History
- Andrew Postlewaite, Harry P. Kamen Professor of Economics and Professor of Finance
- Jennifer Punt, Professor of Immunology
- Rand Quinn, Associate Professor of Education
- Michael Weisberg, Professor of Philosophy
The Senate Nominating Committee makes appointments of Standing Faculty members to the following positions:
- Senate Chair-Elect
- Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility (SCAFR) members
- Senate Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty (SCESF) members
- Senate Executive Committee Secretary-Elect
- Senate Executive Committee At-Large members
- Senate Executive Committee Assistant Professor members
These appointments are published in Almanac for review. Additional nominations may be submitted by a petition of 25 Standing Faculty members within two weeks of the slate's publication. The current slate was posted on May 11, 2021, and the petition period closes on Monday, May 24.