Senate Nominating Committee
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Nominating Committee is a requirement of the Faculty Senate Rules. Its task is to make appointments to all standing positions that the Faculty Senate has the responsibility to appoint.
The Committee's membership includes three current SEC members, three members of the Standing Faculty who are not current SEC members, and the three Senate Tri-Chairs (who collectively have a single vote). Terms are one year each beginning on January 1, and the membership is determined annually by SEC during the preceding fall semester.
The 2022 Senate Nominating Committee is comprised of the following members:
- William Braham, Professor of Architecture, Weitzman School of Design; Faculty Senate Chair
- Ezekiel Dixon-Román, Associate Professor of Social Policy and Practice, Senate Executive Committee Member
- Vivian Gadsden, William T. Carter Professor of Child Development and Education, Graduate School of Education; Faculty Senate Chair-Elect
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson, Elizabeth Ware Packard Professor of Communication, Annenberg School for Communication; Faculty Senate Past Chair
- Andrea Liu, Hepburn Professor of Physics, School of Arts and Sciences
- Catherine McDonald, Associate Professor of Nursing; Senate Executive Committee Member
- Daniel Raff, Associate Professor of Management, Wharton School; Senate Executive Committee Member
- Kermit Roosevelt, David Berger Professor for the Administration of Justice, Carey Law School
- Megan Ryerson, Associate Professor of City Planning and UPS Chair of Transportation, Weitzman School of Design
The Senate Nominating Committee makes appointments of Standing Faculty members to the following positions that require publication in Almanac for review:
- Senate Chair-Elect
- Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility (SCAFR) members
- Senate Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty (SCESF) members
- Senate Executive Committee Secretary-Elect
- Senate Executive Committee At-Large members
- Senate Executive Committee Assistant Professor members
Additional nominations for the above positions may be submitted by a petition of 25 Standing Faculty members within two weeks of the slate's publication.
The most recent slate was published in two parts: