A Series of Virtual Forums for Penn Faculty Faculty Senate Seminar Series
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
To increase our understanding of the challenges facing Penn in this fraught time and to provide a venue in which faculty questions and concerns can be voiced and addressed, the Tri-Chairs of the Faculty Senate have initiated a Seminar Series with University leaders.
Recordings will be posted on this site for later viewing.
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
4:00-5:00 p.m. EST
Please join us for a special virtual workshop on public art, portraits, and iconography on the campus open to all members of the Penn faculty. The workshop will be facilitated by leaders of the Penn Center for Public Art and Space:
- Ken Lum, Marilyn Jordan Taylor Presidential Professor, Chair of Fine Arts
- Paul Farber, Senior Research Scholar
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
4:00-5:30 p.m. EST
This virtual Town Hall addresses common questions as we prepare for a unique spring semester. Panelists include:
- Mark Dingfield, PhD – Associate Provost for Finance and Planning
- Benoit Dubé, MD – Chief Wellness Officer and Associate Provost
- Jennifer Pinto-Martin, PhD, MPH – Viola MacInnes/Independence Professor of Nursing and Executive Director, Center for Public Health Initiatives
- Jeffrey Rowland, MA – Executive Director for Staff and Labor Relations, Division of Human Resources
- Harvey Rubin, MD, PhD – Professor of Medicine
Thursday, June 25, 2020
9:00-10:00 a.m. EDT
Click here for seminar video and written responses to remaining questions.
(PennKey authentication is required.)
Craig Carnaroli, Executive Vice President, and Trevor Lewis, Vice President for Management and Budget, address “Penn’s Endowment, Academic Budget, and the COVID-19 Impacts.”
After explaining Penn’s academic budget and endowment, the principles underlying endowment spending, and the financial impact of COVID-19 in both the current and next fiscal years, our guests respond to questions prioritized by the moderators.
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
10:00-11:00 a.m. EDT
Jack Heuer, Vice President for Human Resources, Susan Sproat, Executive Director for Benefits, and R. Joy Azikiwe, Executive Director for Human Resources and Chief of Staff, address questions related to human resources and benefits.
Wednesday, September 2, 2020
4:00-5:00 p.m. EDT
Dr. Benoit Dubé, Associate Provost and Chief Wellness Officer, addresses ways we can come together and protect the health and wellbeing of the Penn Community during these challenging times. After the discussion, Dr. Dubé responds to questions prioritized by the moderators.