Senate Committee on Faculty and the Administration SCOA
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Committee on Faculty and the Administration ("SCOA") oversees and advises the Executive Committee on matters relating to the faculty's interface with the University's administration, including policies and procedures (e.g., the Patent Policy, Conflict of Interest policies) relating to the University's structure, the conditions of faculty employment (such as personnel benefits), and information. In general the Committee deals with the matters covered by the following sections of the University's Handbook for Faculty and Academic Administrators: I.A.-D., G.-H.1., I.-K., II.E. III., V., VI.
SCOA 2023-2024 Membership
- Ryan Baker (GSE), CHAIR
- Chenoa Flippen (SAS/Sociology)
- Cheilonda Johnson (PSOM/Medicine)
- Erica Reineke (Vet Medicine)
- Erik Wibbels (SAS/Political Science)
- Shu Yang (SEAS/MSE)
- Ex officio:
- A representative of the Senate Tri-Chairs
- Charles Mooney (Law), PASEF non-voting member
Specific Charges, 2023-2024
- Address systemic racism and other forms of inequity by assessing and evaluating ways to change University structures, practices, and biases at the University, school, departmental, and individual levels.
- Review University systems provided by third-party vendors (e.g., Interfolio, Workday, Concur) and comment on the ways in which they are enabling and/or inhibiting the ability of faculty to fulfill their research, teaching, and service missions.
- Continue to explore existing and alternative models for providing public safety and services to the campus community.