Senate Committee on Faculty and the Administration
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Committee on Faculty and the Administration ("SCOA") oversees and advises the Executive Committee on matters relating to the faculty's interface with the University's administration, including policies and procedures (e.g., the Patent Policy, Conflict of Interest policies) relating to the University's structure, the conditions of faculty employment (such as personnel benefits), and information. In general the Committee deals with the matters covered by the following sections of the University's Handbook for Faculty and Academic Administrators: I.A.-D., G.-H.1., I.-K., II.E. III., V., VI.
Specific Charges, 2019-2020
- Identify the issues of central faculty concern related to online learning at Penn, including the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) and Master of Computer and Information Technology (MCIT) Programs.
- Collect data on online courses developed and taught by Standing Faculty and by Associated Faculty and Academic Support staff and incentives offered for each academic staff category.
SCOA 2019-2020 Membership
- Ryan Baker (GSE)
- Joel Bennett (PSOM/Medicine)
- Ken Drobatz (Veterinary Medicine)
- Al Filreis (SAS/English)
- Robert Ghrist (SAS/Mathematics and SEAS/ESE), CHAIR
- Kevin Platt (SAS/Russian and East European Studies)
- Talid Sinno (SEAS/CBE and MEAM)
- Ex officio:
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson (Annenberg), Senate Chair-Elect
- Steven Kimbrough (Wharton), Senate Chair
- Marshall Meyer (Wharton), PASEF non-voting member