Senate Committee on Students and Educational Policy
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Committee on Students and Educational Policy ("SCSEP") oversees and advises the Executive Committee on matters relating to the University's policies and procedures on the admission and instruction of students, including academic integrity, admissions policies and administration, evaluation of teaching, examinations and grading, academic experiences, educational opportunities (such as study abroad), student records, disciplinary systems, and the campus environment. In general the Committee deals with the matters covered by the following section of the University's Handbook for Faculty and Academic Administrators: IV.
Specific Charges, 2019-2020
- Review and comment on issues related to the roll-out of enhanced access to behavioral wellness services.
- Review and comment on issues related to college houses and their roles in providing student wellness services, especially with respect to the implementation of the Second Year Experience on-campus housing requirements.
- Review and comment on issues related to Penn Global initiatives and their role in supporting student learning, global understanding, and support provided to students while studying abroad.
SCSEP 2019-2020 Membership
- Sunday Akintoye (Dental Medicine)
- David Amponsah (SAS/Africana Studies)
- Sara Jaffee (SAS/Psychology)
- Ty Muhly (PSOM/Anesthesiology & Critical Care)
- Carol Muller (SAS/Music), CHAIR
- Marilyn Schapira (PSOM/Medicine)
- Mindy Schuster (PSOM/Medicine)
- Krystal Strong (GSE)
- Alan Strudler (Wharton)
- Ex officio:
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson (Annenberg), Senate Chair-Elect
- Steven Kimbrough (Wharton), Senate Chair
- Anita Summers (Wharton), PASEF non-voting member