Senate Executive Committee (SEC)
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
SEC is a 58-member, elected body representing Penn's Standing Faculty.
On behalf of the Standing Faculty, members of SEC engage in substantive investigation and consideration of matters of import with the University administration.
The Faculty Senate Executive Committee serves the following major functions:
- Consultation with senior administrators, with an eye toward understanding their areas of responsibility and staying informed about their plans in an effort to better engage with them, ensuring that faculty perspectives and concerns are brought to bear on relevant issues.
- Review and approval of changes in formal policy that fall under Senate responsibility.
- Initiating consideration and exploration of issues that are of concern to the SEC membership, or that are referred to SEC for discussion and response by its committees. These issues often became the topics of further consultation with the administration.
- Provide guidance to the Senate's standing committees.
SEC meetings are held monthly on Wednesdays, from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
The Faculty Senate is comprised of all members of the Standing Faculty and Standing Faculty Clinician-Educators. SEC meetings are open to observation by any member of the Faculty Senate; access information will be provided by request to the Senate Office.
All meetings will be held virtually unless otherwise noted.
November 10, 2021
Resolution on the Institutional Response to the Climate Emergency
May 11, 2022
Resolutions Passed by SEC during 2021-2022
- Resolution on the Institutional Response to the Climate Emergency
- Resolution on Faculty Bylaws
- Resolution for Election Day (2022 version)
Resolutions Passed by SEC during 2020-2021
- Resolution for Election Day
- Resolution on Engaged Scholarship: Annual Performance Reviews Should Credit Faculty for Scholarly Engagement
- Resolution in Appreciation of Penn’s Contributions to Doctoral Education at Penn and to the School District of Philadelphia through the Penn Compact