Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Committee on Faculty Development, Diversity, and Equity ("SCFDDE") (i) identifies and promotes best practices for faculty development, mentoring and work environment to facilitate faculty success at all career levels; (ii) evaluates and advocates processes for faculty recruitment, promotion, and retention that promote diversity equity, and work/life balance for the faculty; (iii) monitors the status of faculty development, mentoring, diversity and equity; and (iv) issues periodic reports on the activities and findings of the committee that makes recommendations for implementation.
Specific Charges, 2019-2020
Identify how schools, departments and centers are delivering implicit bias training programs to their faculties; propose supplemental methods.
Identify ways to improve community building amongst postdocs at Penn and recruitment from peer diversity postdoc programs, as a means of enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts on campus.
Identify new and ongoing opportunities at the university and school levels for faculty professional development.
SCFDDE 2019-2020 Membership
- Hydar Ali (Dental Medicine)
- Antonella Cianferoni (PSOM/Pediatrics)
- Nelson Flores (GSE)
- Jorge Gálvez (PSOM/Anesthesiology & Critical Care), Chair
- Carmen Guerra (PSOM/Medicine)
- Sharon Hayes (Design)
- Amy Sepinwall (Wharton)
- Dagmawi Woubshet (SAS/English)
- Ex officio:
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson (Annenberg), Senate Chair-Elect
- John Keene (Design), PASEF non-voting member
- Steven Kimbrough (Wharton), Senate Chair