Senate Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty SCESF
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Faculty Senate
The Senate Committee on the Economic Status of the Faculty ("SCESF") gathers and organizes data on salaries and benefits and represents the faculty in the determination of University policy on salary issues. SCESF issues an annual report along with an executive summary of that report.
SCESF performs the bulk of its work annually during the fall semester using data provided via the Provost by the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis.
Specific Charges, 2020-2021
- Assess and evaluate ways to change University structures, practices, and biases (at the University, school, departmental, and individual levels) that perpetuate systemic racism as they apply to the committee’s general charge.
- Facilitate the changes identified in the previous charge.
- Review and comment on changes in economic circumstances and compensation practices as a result of impacts from COVID-19 in order to ensure that they have been fair and equitable within and across schools.
- Provide a rationale for accessing data from the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis to permit a more encompassing review of compensation issues.
- Assemble and analyze data and produce a first draft of the Report on the Economic Status of the Faculty for discussion and review in committee by Friday, Nov. 20.
- Incorporate final changes and approve the final draft of the Report on the Economic Status of the Faculty by Friday, December 18.
SCESF 2020-2021 Membership
- Shawn Bird (PSOM/Neurology), term expires 2023
- Jennifer Blouin (Wharton), term expires 2022
- Peter Cappelli (Wharton), term expires 2021
- Eric Clemons (Wharton), term expires 2023
- Dennis Culhane (Social Policy and Practice), term expires 2022
- Graciela Gonzalez Hernandez (PSOM/Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Informatics), term expires 2023
- Iourii Manovskii (SAS/Economics), term expires 2022
- Melissa Sanchez (SAS/English), term expires 2023
- Ex officio:
- William Braham (Weitzman Design), Senate Chair-Elect
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson (Annenberg), Senate Chair
- Steven Kimbrough (Wharton), Senate Past Chair
SCESF members serve three-year terms, per the Faculty Senate Rules.
- 2019-2020 (Fiscal Year 2019 data)
- 2018-2019 (Fiscal Year 2018 data)
- 2017-2018 (Fiscal Year 2017 data)
- 2016-2017 (Fiscal Year 2016 data)
- 2015-2016 (Fiscal Year 2015 data)
- 2014-2015 (Fiscal Year 2014 data)
- 2013-2014 (Fiscal Year 2013 data)
- 2012-2013 (Fiscal Year 2012 data)
- 2011-2012 (Fiscal Year 2011 data)
- 2010-2011 (Fiscal Year 2010 data)