Family Medical Leave, Short-Term Disability, and Paid Parental Leave Leave Administration (FML, STD, PPL)
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn Provost
All FML, STD and PPL leaves are reviewed and approved by the FMLA Administrator within the Division of Human Resources.
The application process is through Workday and staff should request leave through the self-service portal. You will have to submit your paperwork to the FMLA Administrator.
To apply for FML or PPL leaves, log into Workday and follow the steps outlined in the Workday tip sheet and outlined here:
- Go to the Workday “Time Off and Leave Application.”
- Click on “Request Leave of Absence.”
- Enter the “Last Day of Work” and the “First Day of Leave.”
- This will bring up two additional selections for you to enter, "Estimated Last Day of Leave" and "Leave Type."
- Click on Leave Type “FMLA” and scroll down to locate the type of FMLA leave you are requesting.
- Enter any necessary comments and submit your request.
- Once the request is submitted, you will receive a notification email from Workday to complete the appropriate leave request forms. You can download a Leave Request Form kit that matches your desired leave from the Requesting a Leave of Absence webpage. To complete your leave request, you must have the forms completed by your physician and return them to the FMLA Administrator at the University via fax at 215-405-2929, or you can scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your leave will remain “pending” in Workday until you return all required forms for approval.