Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn Provost
Interfolio@Penn is a companion to Penn’s Human Capital Management project, the University-wide initiative to improve how we manage the broad range of human resources, payroll, and related processes. The project will implement a new system to manage faculty recruiting, as well as the review and approval of faculty appointment, reappointment, and promotion actions, while streamlining and documenting the processes required to support the faculty lifecycle.
Interfolio@Penn will simplify processes and enable more efficient and informed decision-making in faculty recruiting, appointments, reappointments, and promotions.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Promote consistency and transparency in faculty affairs processes
- Leverage technology to make hiring, appointment, post-hire promotion, and tenure processes more efficient
- Establish and maintain a single system of record for all academic worker data
- Reduce the need for “shadow” systems in schools
- Implement a strategic technology platform while retiring dated systems
Interfolio is a faculty information system that provides a full suite of faculty-focused technology to support every stage of the faculty lifecycle, from hiring through tenure.
Modules implemented in Phase 1 of the Penn FA Companion Project include:
- Faculty Search - supports posting creation, job application submission, committee review, and applicant selection
- Reviews, Promotions, and Tenure - supports the collection of review materials and approval workflows for appointment, reappointment, and promotion cases.
- Dossier - provides an online platform for faculty to collect and curate scholarly materials, as well as for requesting and receiving confidential letters of recommendation.
- Faculty180 is an online platform for faculty activity reporting which enables faculty to collect materials and actively curate scholarship, research, teaching, service, and professional activity over the lifetime of their scholarly career. Implementation planning for this module will begin in late 2019.
More Information about Interfolio Products:
- To learn more about Interfolio products being implemented at Penn, we encourage you to view the webinars at: https://www.interfolio.com/resources/webinars
March 1, 2019:
Dossier is now available for all faculty members across campus to access using their PennKey. To access your account, select sign-in on the Interfolio@Penn login page (also available on the U@Penn portal's business tab).
If you have used Dossier previously with a personal e-mail address, this article shows how you can merge your two accounts.
For more information about how to use your Dossier account, Interfolio has a great online help center and their Scholar Services can help answer your technical questions by email, phone, Facebook, or Twitter.
April 15, 2019:
FIS Retirement Plan Announced
- The long term plan is to migrate faculty action history to Interfolio’s Faculty 180 product, with implementation planning starting this fall. In the meantime, access to faculty action history in FIS will be permitted for a limited number of users until a reporting solution in Business Objects or QlikView has been built to replace the current search functionality in FIS.
- There are no plans to convert or retain dossier materials currently uploaded as PDF files in FIS. Schools should make plans to download PDF files by 12/31/2019 if there is a need to retain local copies of review materials. You may want to focus on faculty members who are likely to have reappointment and/or promotion actions in RPT in the future, i.e., Assistant and Associate ranks.
- Extramural Consultant Lists or EOC Reports which are approved in FIS prior to 5/31/2019 will be acceptable for upload to cases that will be initiated in Interfolio RPT. Schools should make arrangements to begin downloading these materials ASAP. You will not be able to download after 12/31/2019.
PeopleAdmin for Faculty Retirement Plan Announced
- Departments that have searches which have reached the short list stage will be allowed to continue using PeopleAdmin for Faculty to complete their searches by 8/31/2019.
- All other searches need to be closed in PeopleAdmin for Faculty by 6/10/2019 and can be reopened in Interfolio Faculty Search after training occurs in mid-June. Limited, read-only access to PeopleAdmin for Faculty will be retained for a period of three years beginning 9/1/2019.
- Project team members will be in touch with each school that has open positions to review your plans for completing these searches.
Penn Training Presentation:
Interfolio Training Videos (By Role):
Faculty Search for Administrators (Password: INTFadmin)
Faculty Search for Committee Managers (Password: INTFcm)
Faculty Search for Evaluators – (Password: INTFeval)
Penn Training Presentations:
Interfolio Training Videos (By Role):
RPT Administrator Training (Password: RPTadmin)
RPT Committee Manager Training (Password: RPTmanager)
RPT Committee Member Training (Password: RPTcm)
RPT Candidate Training (Password: RPTcandidate)
For Frequently Asked Questions about the project, please visit: https://upenn.box.com/s/nqnovb850o317cgs1tfrnswc060lomuo
If you have questions or comments - or would like to be added to the listserv to receive email updates - contact the Faculty Affairs Project Team at: FA-Project-Help@pobox.upenn.edu