Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn Provost
All staff who have direct contact with minors on a regular basis must undergo a series of background checks required by the State of Pennsylvania. This includes all staff running summer programs/camps involving interaction with minors.
Here are some guidelines about the background check process:
- Select one member of your staff to oversee this process. This person will work directly with Provost HR.
- Please provide Provost HR with camp/event dates and who will be working those dates 6-8 weeks prior to the start of the camp/event.
- Once you have established who needs background checks please email Provost HR the full name and email address of each applicant (no nicknames).
- Applicants will be receiving a series of emails from Hire Right. These emails are time sensitive. They will have 5 days to complete them, or you are charged additional fees.
- We issue two searches through Hire Right: PATCH – PA Criminal History Search and PA Child Abuse Search.
- If you are being paid by the University we need to issue these two searches – this is PA State law. We cannot accept previously issued PA Documents.
- Set-up biweekly meeting with Provost HR, either in person or over the phone, to review your staff’s status and to confirm who is eligible to work.
- Checks are valid for 5 years. Anything dated 2014, or older, is no longer valid.
- Please note, it takes 4-8 weeks for an applicant to be cleared.
FBI Fingerprint Information:
- The PA provider for FBI Fingerprints is IdentoGo.
- You will register for FBI Fingerprints online.You will pre-select your fingerprint location, time, and date. Your prints must be taken within 6 weeks of registering.
- Speak to your supervisor about payment codes before registering online.
- We can accept FBI Fingerprints if an applicant already has them. Prints are valid for 5 years.